We're moving into our new house very soon. And with that momentus change comes a chance to change the way we live. I'm making 2009 the year of being green. I am going to try to cut my families carbon footprint to half the national average over the course of the year. Some stuff will be really easy, like driving less (we hardly do) and not using air conditioning (we never have). But some stuff (like disposable diapers) are going to be a real killer. I'm looking into some drastic measures, like a low flow toilet and greening up the products we use (like paint and flooring) to renovate, but also small and simple steps like putting out a rain barrel that I'll use to water our garden, and buying local food instead of shopping at the grocery.
I'm also going to plant a big tree in our yard which will hopefully help with CO2 and all that, since I still have Link's placenta that I saved just for fertilizing it. Maybe I can hang our new clothes line off the tree :)
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good onya! Glad to hear that you're moving soon. You live in exciting times.
Aw. You called him Link. That makes me feel all warm. <3
Post a Comment